Goodyear has once again been honoured as the Manufacturer of the Year 1, by the prestigious German automotive publication Auto Bild, this time for their outstanding performance in the winter tire category. This significant recognition follows their earlier award as the Manufacturer of the Year of Summer Tires 20232, reflecting Goodyear’s excellence in providing superior tires year-round.
Auto Bild has praised the exceptional performance of Goodyear’s winter tire range, stating that: “The ice-cold winners among the winter tires once again come from tire manufacturer Goodyear. The UltraGrip Performance 3 and UltraGrip Performance Plus SUV models achieve another win of the season with convincing performances.”3
“We are very proud to receive this prestigious recognition from Auto Bild for our winter and summer tire range this year,” said David Anckaert, Goodyear’s Vice President Consumer Europe. “These recognitions are a testament to Goodyear’s commitment to innovation and ability to deliver products that match the needs of the modern vehicle parc, help maximize vehicle performance, and give drivers what they need to upgrade their driving experience.”
An award-winning year for Goodyear winter tires
In addition to being crowned Manufacturer of the Year by Auto Bild, Goodyear’s winter products performed successfully in numerous magazine tests conducted by leading publications across Europe:
The recently introduced Goodyear UltraGrip Performance 3 has secured the top position in all seven tests in which it participated:
In its winter tire test in the size 225/45 R18 Auto Bild4 celebrated the new Goodyear winter tire for its “environmentally conscious, sustainable and safe mobility” 3 for which they awarded the “Eco-Master” and “Green Tire” labels, 2nd place out of 54 candidates, as well as the “exemplary” rating.
Comparing 11 winter tires in the size 225/40R18 Auto Bild sportscars5 crowned the tire 1st, mentioning its “convincing driving characteristics in all weather conditions and very good safety reserves in aquaplaning.”3
Recognizing its “precise, safe and reliable” performance “with a wide range of reserves on all three surfaces” the German magazine sport auto awarded the UltraGrip Performance 3 (shared) winner of its latest winter tire test in the size 225/40R18.6
The German magazine Auto Motor und Sport7 recognized its great performance with the 2nd place in their winter tire test in the size 255/45R20, commenting: “Very broadly positioned. The new Goodyear is at the forefront no matter the weather.” 3
The UltraGrip Performance 3 also won the test conducted by the Swedish title Teknikans Värld in the size 225/50R17.8
UK publication Auto Express acknowledged the tire’s excellence with a 3rd place finish in the 225/45R17 size.9
In parallel, the recently launched Goodyear UltraGrip Ice 3 non-studded tire, especially developed for the needs of Nordic drivers, was awarded a (shared) 1st place in the latest winter tire tests conducted by the Finnish magazines Moottori 10 and Tekniikan Maailma.11
Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ SUV achieved a podium result in latest Auto Bild allrad winter tire test.12 The magazine awarded the tire 3rd place and “exemplary”, commenting: “All-rounder with exemplary wet handling qualities, good safety reserves in aquaplaning, short snow and dry braking distances.”3
(1) Auto Bild – Issue 42/2023
(2) Auto Bild – Issue 12/2023
(3) Quote translated from original German.
(4) Auto Bild – Issue 40/2023. Comparison of 54 winter tires in the size 225/45 R18
(5) Auto Bild – Issue 41/2023 (sportscars section). Comparison of 11 winter tires in the size 225/40R18
(6) Sport auto – issue 11/2023. Comparison of 10 winter tires in the size 225/40R18
(7) Auto Motor und Sport – Issue 20/2023. Comparison of 7 winter tires in the size 255/45 R 20 105 V XL
(8) TEKNIKENS VÄRLD – Issue 20/2023. Comparison of Nordic friction (non-studded) tires with Middle-European tires and studded tires in the size 225/50R17.
(9) Auto Express – 20th September 2023. Winter tires compared in the size 225/45R17.
(10) MOOTTORI – Issue 9/2023, tire test comparing premium non-studded (friction) tires with low-budget studded tires in the size 205/55R16.
(11) Tekniikan Maailma –Issue 18/2023, test of non-studded (friction) tires and studded tires in the size 205/55R16.
(12) Auto Bild – Issue 41/2023 (allrad section). Comparison of 10 winter tires in the size 225/60R18